noun: a person with many talents or areas of knowledge.
If you haven’t heard the name Aubrey Banks it’s likely by design. He’s been the behind the scenes stylist and lifestyle architect for many known celebrities, but unlike others in his industry, exclusivity has been his middle name. So those “in the know,” know him.
The title Renaissance man also fits him perfectly. This 30 something, successful lifestyle architect to celebrities and rising stars, opened up his first company when he was only 17.
“It was a clothing store that was open for 5 years. Having that company allowed me to branch off into different parts of the entertainment industry,” said Banks.
“Branching off,” included styling celebrities, socialites, and athletes, which enabled him to be in the right crowd to do the ultimate networking.
“After working for two record labels, I decided to create my own brand and monetize my efforts. With that Musicheads was born. Fast forward, working in the industry for over 10 years and working with some of the worlds biggest artists, Musicheads has sold over 6 million singles collectively and also has been Grammy nominated,” said Banks.
Banks considers himself to be a serial entrepreneur. “Currently owning 4 successful companies, I was looking for another venture to start when I came up with The Tailored Firm. With a lot of my friends being professional sports players and in entertainment my marketing and management firm was born. The tailored firm is a full-service marketing and management firm that assist my clients in getting brand ambassadorships, branding opportunities, social media enhancement and beyond,” said Banks.
Rapid Fire Q&A…..
1.How did you get into the music industry? Honestly by accident, I was a celebrity stylist and was styling a lot of major musicians, then decided to venture into music production and it worked.
2. So how long have you been in the music industry? I have been in the music industry for almost 16 years to date!
3. Can you explain more about what you do with music production? I am not as musically inclined as most, So I decided to sign musically inclined people. I have signed artist, producers, writers, and D. J’s in the past.
4. What is the Name of your company? Musicheads
5. Where is your company based? I have offices in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and will be branching off in Canada early 2021
6. Have you ever worked with any other companies in the music industry? I have worked with Interscope and Cash Money records as A&R and a couple boutique labels as Artist Development.
7. How did you grow your company within the music industry? I just outworked everyone around me because I knew they where more talented as far as music goes so, I needed to make my mark in other ways.
8. What is your biggest accomplishment you feel you have had during your career in entertainment? My company at one point had 12 producers and writers signed to me during that period one of my producers was awarded a Grammy and another nominated so because they were signed to my company, I then became a Grammy award winner. Not being musically inclined that is my biggest accomplishment.
9. What do you feel like your biggest failure is? I have worked with some really big artist before the world knew them. I just have followed my gut feeling and signed them first.
10. What has been the biggest struggle on your journey? In the music industry you are only as good as yesterday, so for me the biggest challenge is just making sure I stay relevant. However, I am very proud to be a black man who has established companies that grossed over 1 million dollars before I was 24 years old and being a college drop out. My specialty is me. I’m the only one can do what I do and how I do it. My companies are not open to the public so to even work with me you must be referred. People like exclusivity and working with me doesn’t get much more exclusive.